AIReal Yoga™ for the Beginner Workshop In-person with Carmen Curtis
August 14, 2021, @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm HST
August 14, 2021
1:00 – 3:00 pm HST
20 % Discount for Golden Circle & Platinum members
Have you ever wanted to try aerial yoga but you felt like you are…
…not flexible enough
…not strong enough
…not young enough
…not thin enough
…not coordinated enough??
If so, then this workshop is for you!
Join Carmen Curtis, creator of AIReal Yoga™, the first aerial yoga brand recognized by the Yoga Alliance. Carmen will show you how the aerial hammock can make yoga easier, more accessible and safer than traditional floor-based yoga. Yes, we said it, safer than traditional yoga.
This workshop is crafted for everyBODY at every level.
You ARE flexible enough for this workshop, you ARE strong enough, you ARE enough!
It’s time to let go of fear, and float into a new form of wellness.
Good to Know:
- The hammock holds up to 1000 pounds
- Aerial yoga is perfect for those that are Not flexible
- Aerial yoga is perfect for those that are stressed, fearful and anxious
- You do not need to be strong to do aerial yoga
- You will NOT fall out of the hammock
- This is NOT an advanced acrobatic, dance or circus class
- This workshop is for everybody, every age, and every level
- Carmen has over 20 years of experience teaching aerial and yoga
What you will learn:
- How to use a hammock as a prop for yoga poses
- Safe approaches to using the hammock as a yoga and fitness tool
- How to enter and exit poses safely and for your body type
- Modifications and variations to meet everybody and every level
- Time tested postures that can be used in a lifelong practice
- How the hammock can be used for a variety of yoga styles, (yin, restorative, vinyasa, hatha…)
- Tips if you get fearful or anxious
- How to find the right hammock height for you and your needs
- Appropriate ways to use and place the hammock on your body for the greatest support
- How to safely do inversion (if you want) and techniques to keep you from getting dizzy
- To trust the hammock and yourself in your aerial yoga practice
- Physical and mental benefits of the the aerial yoga postures
- How aerial yoga can be fun, safe and an effective form of yoga for all ages
- How to use the hammock to relax in the best-Savasana-ever floating meditation
AIReal Yoga™ is a leading brand of aerial yoga, using a hammock as a yoga prop to help make yoga postures accessible to everyBODY. The hammock can be used to hold you, support you, spot you, and/or challenge you. It can make yoga easier or more challenging, depending on how you use it.
Former Cirque du Soleil performer and yogi with over 20 years of teaching aerial and yoga, Carmen Curtis created AIRea Yoga with the mission to ensure that each journey into the hammock opens up new inquiries of self-exploration and personal growth. AIReal Yoga offers the highest rated aerial gear, portable rigs, and hammocks, along with online classes and teacher trainings recognized by the Yoga Alliance
More info at www.airealyoga.com or follow our journey on Instagram @airealyoga
“I love teaching beginners – it is so beautiful to see their amazement at how good AIReal Yoga feels. Many come skeptical, nervous or scared, and they leave class feeling calm, happy and inspired. I want my students to feel safe, taken care of and important. My goal is to offer my knowledge and experience with great empathy, providing a safe space to become more self aware and awakened, to find physical and emotional self-healing through their practice.” –Carmen Curtis
Kindly let your instructor know of any injuries. Contra-indications for aerial classes: glaucoma, heart-conditions, fused spine, pregnancy beyond doctor recommendation.
Clothing requirements: tight-fitting; no zippers or metal; under-arms covered. Jewelry off. T-shirt on! No perfume.
Please pre-register for all aerial classes at least an hour in advance and arrive 15 minutes early to ensure you can safely enjoy the class. Since space is limited and setup time is necessary, we are not able to accommodate late arrivals to Aerial classes. If you sign up and do not show up to this limited space class, you will still be charged for the class.
COVID protocols will apply: temp checks, hand sanitizing, distancing and masks at all times. Please, refrain from attending classes if you are feeling ill. Equipment will be handled/sanitized per COVID standards. Please, bring your own water.
Founder of AIReal Yoga™, E-RYT 500, YACEP
About Carmen Curtis, AIReal Yoga™ Creator and the premier expert in aerial arts and fitness: A zealous aerial yoga practitioner for more than two decades, Carmen first found yoga as a way to heal her body from the extreme sports of gymnastics and Cirque du Soleil performing, and has been teaching it ever since. A former UCLA national champion team gymnast and premier aerial performer, Carmen has performed in many incredible shows including De La Guarda, worked for such high-profile outlets as Wanderlust, MTV, and the Olympics, and collaborated with the research and development team for Le Reve, in which she also performed at the Wynn Hotel.
Carmen touches thousands of people with her craft, as well as celebrities along the way, most recently training Beyoncé and her dancers for the superstar’s World Formation World Tour. Other well-known students of Carmen’s include such incredible talents as Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and Edyta Sliwnke, a professional dancer often appearing on the hit television series Dancing With The Stars. While Carmen’s teaching style is distinctly her own, her yoga journey was most notably influenced by her intensive studies with Shiva Rae, Gurmukh, and Bryan Kest. Follow her journey: @carmencurtis1.
Get the Still & Moving App
This post is also available in: 日本語 (Japanese)