- This event has passed.
Palena Management practices & Hawaiian Culture
June 8, 2020, @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm HST
One event on June 8, 2020, at 12:00 pm
March 9, June 8, 2020
12:00 – 2:00 pm (HST)
Price: $69, Reserve Your Spot
Ancient wisdom for today’s leaders managing natural resources Island style:
Living on the earthʻs most isolated landmass, early Hawaiians adapted and thrived by managing their precious resources. This management style has at its core a traditional healing prayer that provides direction, bringing all aspects of life into alignment. Palena refers to land boundaries and participants are guided through establishing their own boundaries around business, projects and personal life. An easy walk to Ala Moana Beach Park, the activity will take place under the shade of a tree by the beach. In inclement weather, the activity will take place in one of Still & Moving Center’s beautifully appointed studios.
This activity begins and ends at Still & Moving Center, 1024 Queen Street, Honolulu, a community based mindful movement Center that has been offering multicultural classes, events and workshops for over 7 years, in the heart of Kaka’ako.
Kuma Hula Malie Helela
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Mālia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural advisor
- The activity is offered with live simultaneous translation to Japanese.
Discover a new perspective of the area through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner Mālia Helela
- Make connections between traditional & contemporary management practices
Learn about managing our precious natural resources & creating personal boundaries
- Experience a hula
- Walk approximately 1 mile
Know before you book
- Minimum 5 participants
- Suitable for children ages 14 and up
- Able to stay outdoors for 2 hours
- Some of the proceeds from the price you pay for this tour are donated back to travel2change and other Hawaii charities