- This event has passed.
Home for the Holidays – Vegetarian/Vegan Cooking Workshop – LIVE ONLINE, Interactive with Sheila Wrede
November 14, 2021, @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm HST
Sunday, November 14, 2021
1:30 – 3:30 pm HST
20 % Discount for Golden Circle & Platinum members
Join Sheila to make comfort foods that we can enjoy over the holidays!
Together we will make:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Vegan Cranberry Muffins
- Almond Milk Hot Chocolate
Join in from your home kitchen for a vegetarian food adventure through the magic of Zoom. By the time you finish this cooking workshop, you will have lovingly prepared a meal for four people!
Have you ever considered cooking as a mindfulness practice? Working with Sheila, you learn to maintain a presence of mind: doing your prep work in advance, laying your equipment and materials out to begin with, and moving calmly, cheerfully, with awareness through the cooking process. Mindful eating of your delicious results becomes a natural follow-through to your workshop experience.
Mindfulness practices can enhance your overall well-being. A healthy lifestyle that reinforces the physical health of the body with good nutrition, regular exercise, and adequate sleep can support your immune system.
Sheila includes this list for your shopping convenience and suggests that you choose local and/or organic foods whenever available!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or 3-4 smaller potatoes)
- 1 zucchini
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 carrot
- 1 large banana or 2 apple bananas
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or soaked dried cranberries)
- Red bell pepper
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Bunch fresh basil (or substitute dried basil)
- Bunch fresh parsley
- ½ cup pecans
- Fennel seed
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper
- Orange zest or extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or vegan butter)
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 16 oz package firm tofu or 16 oz ricotta (one egg added – optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 package lasagna noodles (no-boil works well)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (or ¾ cup all-purpose and ¾ cup whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or ¼ cup brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of Lakanto/Monkfruit (or ½ cup white sugar)
- 2 to 3 drops of liquid Stevia (equal to 1 teaspoon of sugar)
- Vanilla or almond extract
- About 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (or more to increase servings)
- 2 Tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate (if vegan, use dairy-free chocolate)
- Marshmallows (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE
Recipes will be provided when you sign up!
Come with your curiosity, a cutting board and your favorite knife and spoon for stirring, and let the fun begin. You will need two baking pans for the potato casserole and the lasagna. You will also need a muffin pan and a saucepan to make the hot chocolate. As an added bonus, I will show you how to make my favorite cranberry relish with a blender (hint: you will need fresh cranberries, and an orange).
Sheila Wrede- Holistic Health Coach, Educaton
Sheila will encourage YOU to make self-care a priority. She believes that food CAN HEAL the body and will work along with you to improve your eating habits. Her students learn to feel confident in choosing and preparing delicious healthy foods for themselves and their loved ones.
Sheila empowers motivated students to reverse and prevent disease and aging through the healing power of whole plant-based organic foods. She provides educational talks, healthy food demos, live cooking classes, and nutritional consultation.
A Holistic Health Coach and Wellness advocate with formal training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York, Sheila founded her business “Wellness Becomes You” to pursue her passion to teach others about the power of holistic nutrition.
“Oh Sheila I absolutely loved the class!!! You were a delicious and delightful surprise. You are an amazing chef.
I look forward to future classes. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us. My husband is still raving about how fabulous it all tasted.”- Annea
Get the Still & Moving App
This post is also available in: English (英語)