- This event has passed.
Puana Lomilomi Massage Cultural Immersion & Self Healing with Kumu Mālia Helelā
May 28, 2023, @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm HST
Sunday, May 28, 2023
5:00 – 7:00 pm (HST)
Rather than an in-depth lomilomi training, this is a stand-alone event for you to enjoy on a single day.
Lomilomi, like all forms of healing, is an unfolding process of many steps. This approach to lomilomi focuses on settling the nervous system and integrating all parts of the body into one. Drawing on lessons of hula and lei making, you weave lomilomi massage techniques into a tailored treatment that addresses body, mind and spirit. You will engage in the historical highlights and evolution of the Hawaiian healing arts and self-massage healing techniques throughout the activity.
THIS ACTIVITY CAN ALSO BE TAKEN ENTIRELY ONLINE UPON REQUEST.
Kumu Mālia Hēlela
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural advisor
- The activity can be taken with live simultaneous translation to Japanese. Please, contact email@example.com well in advance to request this service. Additional cost applies.
- Discover a new perspective through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
- Learn about the historical highlights and evolution of the Hawaiian traditional art of lomilomi
- Make connections between traditional & contemporary healing practices and their relation to overall health and well-being
- Experience a hula & self-care massage techniques
Get the Still & Moving App
This post is also available in: English (英語)