- This event has passed.
The Art of Inversion Training With Carmen Curtis
August 7, 2021, @ 1:00 pm - August 9, 2021, @ 3:00 pm HST
The Art Of Inversion Training: Handstands with the Aerial Hammock! with Carmen Curtis
AIReal Yoga™ Founder And Renowned Yoga Instructor, Elite Athlete, and Cirque Performance Aerialist
Saturday – Monday Aug 7 to 09, 2021
- Saturday, Aug 7 1:00-5:00pm
- Sunday, Aug 8 12:00-4:00
- Monday, Aug 9 11:00-3:00
$599 plus tax NEW PRICE: $400
Open to teachers of all related disciplines: Yoga, Gymnastics, Fitness, Dance, Street Dancing, HipHop, Aerial, Circus, etc…
12 HR CE Training with Yoga Alliance*
Learn Tools & Techniques to make the Handstand Accessible to Everyone!
For Yoga Students and Teachers alike, the Handstand is one of the most sought after postures to master. Handstands are FLIPPING FUN! They are also challenging, both to learn and to teach. Designed for students and teachers of many disciplines and concentrations, in this 12-hour immersive training Carmen teaches you how to build into and work towards holding a strong, stable handstand. We work on the mat, on the wall, with a partner, and using the Aerial Hammock as a guide and prop. You learn how to establish a strong foundation, safely enter into the inversion, strengthen the hold, and safely exit. You also receive all the necessary learning tools to teach yourself and your students how to do handstands!
Training includes: strengthening postures, professional tips to master balancing, lesson plans, inversion sequences, instructional videos, and drills on the mat, at the wall, with a partner and in the hammock.
You will learn & receive:
- How to safely enter into and exit out of the Handstand
- How to use the hammock as a prop and spotting device for the Handstand
- How to use Forearm Stand and Headstand as preparatory postures
- How to safely progress through the Handstand with your students
- How to work towards and teach Press Handstand
- 12 hours of in-person training with Carmen Curtis
- Personal attention catered to your learning & teaching style
- Drills, Poses, and Progressions to build strength and flexibility needed to attain Handstands
- Drills, Poses, and Progressions to master balancing in Handstand
- Drills, Poses and Progressions on the mat, on the wall, with a partner and with the aerial hammock
- Safe spotting techniques
- Sequences and Lesson Plans
- Online access to instructional videos and sequences
Who is this Training For?
- Curious students wanting a clear path for their Journey to the Handstand
- Teachers of all related disciplines, Yoga, Gymnastics, Fitness, Dance, Street Danding, HipHop, Aerial, Circus, etc…
- Teachers that want to feel more confident teaching Handstands
- Anyone who wants the tools and training techniques to balance in Handstand
- Anyone who wants the tools and understanding to begin the journey to the Handstand
- Teachers who want to learn to how to teach Handstands to students of all levels
- Teachers who want to teach Handstands safely and with confidence
- Teachers who want to build confidence integrating Handstands into lesson plans
Have Fun Learning How to Flip Your Hourglass!
* Approved for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credit; Carmen Curtis is a E-RYT 500 and a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP)
AIReal Yoga: Yoga in the AIR, and REALLY Yoga
What makes AIReal Yoga™ different? AIReal Yoga™ was the first Yoga Brand & Training Curriculum recognized by the Yoga Alliance. Based in traditional Hatha Yoga, the design of our hammocks, hung on a single point anchored with a swivel, allow for flow, vinyasa, safe alignment, and revolved postures. As well, the single point allows for endless modifications and progressions of aerial yoga postures, making AIReal Yoga™ accessible to absolutely everyone at every level. Founded by Cirque performer and master Yogi, Carmen Curtis, with over 20 years of experience teaching and performing aerial and yoga.
AIReal Yoga™ offers an array of student workshops, continuing education for teachers, online class membership and yoga and aerial teacher training programs, both in-person and online. Learn more about AIReal Yoga and the journey you can take in the AIR. www.airealyoga.com @airealyoga
Kindly let your instructor know of any injuries. Contra-indications for aerial classes: glaucoma, heart-conditions, fused spine, pregnancy beyond doctor recommendation. Clothing requirements: tight-fitting; no zippers or metal; under-arms covered. Jewelry off. T-shirt on! No perfume.
Please pre-register for all aerial classes at least an hour in advance and arrive 15 minutes early to ensure you can safely enjoy the class. Since space is limited and setup time is necessary, we are not able to accommodate late arrivals to Aerial classes. If you sign up and do not show up to this limited space class, you will still be charged for the class.
COVID protocols will apply: temp checks, hand sanitizing, distancing and masks at all times. Please, refrain from attending classes if you are feeling ill.
Equipment will be handled/sanitized per COVID standards.
Please, bring your own water.
Founder of AIReal Yoga™, E-RYT 500, YACEP
About Carmen Curtis, AIReal Yoga™ Creator and the Premier Expert in Aerial Arts and Fitness: A zealous aerial yoga practitioner for more than two decades, Carmen first found yoga as a way to heal her body from the extreme sports of gymnastics and Cirque du Soleil performing, and has been teaching it ever since. A former UCLA national champion team gymnast and premier aerial performer, Carmen has performed in many incredible shows including De La Guarda, worked for such high-profile outlets as Cirque Du Soleil, MTV, and the Olympics, and collaborated with the research and development team for Le Reve, in which she also performed at the Wynn Hotel. Carmen touches thousands of people with her craft, as well as celebrities along the way, most recently training Beyoncé and her dancers for the superstar’s World Formation World Tour. Other well-known students of Carmen’s include such incredible talents as Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, and Edyta Sliwnke, a professional dancer often appearing on the hit television series Dancing With The Stars. While Carmen’s teaching style is distinctly her own, her yoga journey was most notably influenced by her intensive studies with Shiva Rae, Gurmukh, and Bryan Kest. Follow her journey: @carmencurtis1
Get the Still & Moving App
This post is also available in: English (英語)