- This event has passed.
Visit the Greek Isles – Vegetarian/Vegan Cooking Workshop – LIVE ONLINE, Interactive with Sheila Wrede
September 19, 2021, @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm HST
Sunday, Sept 19, 2021
1:30 – 3:30 pm HST
20 % Discount for Golden Circle & Platinum members
Join Sheila for a culinary trip to Greece where we will sample dishes that you will love!
Together we will make:
- Cucumber Dill Tzatziki
- Horiatiki (Greek Salad) with Beet Hummus
- Roasted Potatoes with Lemon and Oregano
Join in from your home kitchen for a vegetarian food adventure through the magic of Zoom. By the time you finish this cooking workshop, you will have lovingly prepared a meal for four people! Sheila will also provide you with a recipe in case you want to make for baklava for dessert!
Have you ever considered cooking as a mindfulness practice? Working with Sheila, you learn to maintain a presence of mind: doing your prep work in advance, laying your equipment and materials out to begin with, and moving calmly, cheerfully, with awareness through the cooking process. Mindful eating of your delicious results becomes a natural follow-through to your workshop experience.
Mindfulness practices can enhance your overall well-being. A healthy lifestyle that reinforces the physical health of the body with good nutrition, regular exercise, and adequate sleep can support your immune system.
Sheila includes this list for your shopping convenience and suggests that you choose local and/or organic foods whenever available!
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 lemons
- 4-5 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup cooked beets
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large shallot
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (or substitute fresh basil)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (or vegan ricotta – this can also be made with silken tofu or cashews if desired)
- 1 cup Greek-style plain yogurt (or vegan yogurt – substitute with silken tofu or cashews if desired)
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese (or cheese substitute if preferred)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (or vegan butter)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach
- 10 phyllo sheets (17 by 12 inches)*
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Fresh, crusty bread or toasted pita to pair with the dishes at serving
*You can use the other half of the Phyllo box to prepare baklava for dessert!
HOW TO PREPARE
Recipes will be provided when you sign up!
Come with your curiosity, a cutting board and your favorite knife and spoon for stirring, and let the fun begin. You will need a small saucepan, as well as 2 baking sheets for the Spanakopita and Potatoes. You will also need a food processor or blender for making the Hummus.
Sheila Wrede- Holistic Health Coach, Educator
Sheila will encourage YOU to make self-care a priority. She believes that food CAN HEAL the body and will work along with you to improve your eating habits. Her students learn to feel confident in choosing and preparing delicious healthy foods for themselves and their loved ones.
Sheila empowers motivated students to reverse and prevent disease and aging through the healing power of whole plant-based organic foods. She provides educational talks, healthy food demos, live cooking classes, and nutritional consultation.
A Holistic Health Coach and Wellness advocate with formal training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York, Sheila founded her business “Wellness Becomes You” to pursue her passion to teach others about the power of holistic nutrition.
“Oh Sheila I absolutely loved the class!!! You were a delicious and delightful surprise. You are an amazing chef.
I look forward to future classes. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us. My husband is still raving about how fabulous it all tasted.”- Annea
Get the Still & Moving App
This post is also available in: English (英語)