SARGA BODYWORK‘s barefoot massage courses train and certify practitioners in our distinctive methodology and use of our proprietary equipment, which employ tensional and gravitational force to apply therapeutic myofascial techniques.
SARGA BODYWORK is an advanced barefoot massage modality. A significant degree of focus, patience, physical fitness, and bodywork experience are prerequisites for practicing this work. Interested individuals must submit an application to register for courses. Click here to see if a Sarga Bodywork practice is appropriate for you.
Sarga Bodywork’s educational program consists of a Basic Barefoot Course, an Advanced Barefoot Course, and various continuing education opportunities. Courses can be available in Spanish, French, Italian and English.
Our Basic Course is taught with floor-based Sarga Bodywork equipment. While Sarga methodology is similar for both floor-based and raised massage tables, the techniques and equipment for raised massage tables are reviewed in our Advanced Course curriculum.
SARGA BODYWORK’s Basic Barefoot Course (18 CEUs)
Upon completion of SARGA BASICS, students will have been introduced to basic massage techniques with their bare feet, have a basic understanding of Sarga Strap alignment and wrapping methods via floor-based equipment, and will learn a variety of posterior and anterior massage applications for floor-based massage treatments.
SARGA BASICS: BAREFOOT CURRICULUM OUTLINE
– Foot-based awareness, mechanics, care & sanitation
– Risks & contraindications of barefoot massage
– Sarga floor equipment & Sarga Strap safety, setup & care
- Sarga Strap body alignment & wrapping techniques
– Posterior compression techniques
– Seated & standing posterior myofascial applications
– Seated & standing anterior myofascial applications
Duration: 3 Days /18 hours total class time (18CEUs)
– Must be a licensed or experienced bodyworker with at least 1 year of manual therapy experience.
– Must be approved to register. Interested individuals must apply.