- This event has passed.
Palena Management practices & Hawaiian Culture In-person with Kumu Malia Helela
July 31, 2022, @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm HST
July 31, 2022
5:00-7:00 pm HST
Ancient wisdom for today’s leaders managing natural resources -Island style:
Living on the Earthʻs most isolated landmass, early Hawaiians adapted and thrived by managing their precious resources. This management style has at its core a traditional healing prayer that provides direction, bringing all aspects of life into alignment. Palena refers to land boundaries and participants are guided through establishing their own boundaries around business, projects and personal life.
Check confirmation emails for location details- activity will be led at either Ala Moana Beach Park, under the shade of a tree by the beach OR from one Still & Moving Center’s beautifully appointed studios.
THIS ACTIVITY CAN ALSO BE LED ENTIRELY ONLINE UPON REQUEST
Kuma Hula Malia Helela
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural adviser
- The activity can be offered w live simultaneous translation to Japanese upon request, Additional fees apply. contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Discover a new perspective of the area through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
- Make connections between traditional & contemporary management practices
- Learn about managing our precious natural resources & creating personal boundaries
- Experience a hula
What to Bring
- Water bottle
What to know
- You must be able to be outdoors in potentially inclement weather for two hours.
- A portion of the proceeds from your ticket price is donated to travel2change and Ho Ola Na Pua
Get the Still & Moving App
This post is also available in: 日本語 (Japanese)